Our Charitable vision is a world in which no-one is needlessly blind and where everyone who is irreversibly blind or severely visually-impaired enjoys the same rights, responsibilities and opportunities as sighted peers. In the previous decade, our trust has moved towards partnerships and networks with development and community – based organizations to reach them in collaboration with institutions and other higher centers for eye care.
In 1997, his dream came true with the dawn of “Dr. Kishore Bohra Eye Charitable Trust”. The following activities were initiated by the trust:
- To generate awareness in the community about prevention and precautions for eye care.
- To organize screening camps in rural areas for the poor where accessing such a service is difficult and unaffordable.
- Identify elderly persons who are in need of surgery to restore their vision.
- Provide service for post-operative care and follow-up.
- To screen school children in Tamilnadu to detect and treat their visual defects.
- To provide good quality spectacles free of cost.
“Dr. Kishore Bohra Eye Charitable Trust” has evolved over a long journey of 32 years, to its present magnificent position with an excellent reputation as the best service organization in the areas of its reach.
In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. Life will never be the same after that.